RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ethanol in gasoline
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 01:05 PM
bentwings

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Ethanol in gasoline

Rcpilet ,
There already is a high compression G-62 cylinder for the G-62. There was a thread on testing this but it was a quite a while ago. I did contact the mfg. but I really did not get information that I was looking for.

http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product432.html

It sure seems like a 15:1 compression ratio would be a big improvement. With E-85 at 105+ rating and $2.30 per gallon it sure would seem like a win situation. I think $325 for the jug is reasonable. The early test as I recall showed 8000 rpm vs 7200 on the same prop. The HP/torq increase would seem to be huge. I don't think the jets would even need to be altered. You might have to do gaskets occasionally however.

I'm sure thinking of doing it on the new Corsair. My only concern is how reliably the motor is as far as idle and general operation.

There are quite a number of the streetrod guys that have gone to E-85 and generally they are happy with it in the high compression motors or blown motors.

As for 10% ethanol we don't see much if any difference here in Minn. We have had it for years. No problems even in the cold winter.