RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ethanol in gasoline
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 03:24 PM
ryan@ddm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ethanol in gasoline

ORIGINAL: bentwings

I called to get from the horse's mouth what the performance expectation might be. What I got was that it was better but not much. No specifics. No rpm tests or charts, no real help. I got the distinct feeling that the guy made these (nice job from the pictures) and is letting the market do his testing for him. I didn't get a good feeling that he really knew much about the R/C interest. He did say that the 15:1 would work fine on E-85 but that was as far as I got. I really don't think he really knew what E-85 is. They are much more into sidewalk scooters and small bikes. apparently the G-62 does well on these.
I guess it's not as clear since I removed my avatar - I am one of the owners of the shop you called. Not sure which employee you may have spoken with, but perhaps I can provide you with more info.

We are not the manufacturer - the manufacturer is a gentleman by the name of Trevor Simpson. However, we are the largest retailer of his products. He has billet heads in similar styles for many other RC engines besides the G62. They were initially used in scooter applications, but have since seen an explosion of interest in the RC area.

These billet heads will offer a significant performance increase over stock. View this thread:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_41...tm.htm#4171870
for some real-world details.