View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 03:33 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Ethanol in gasoline

ORIGINAL: bentwings

Rcpilet ,
There already is a high compression G-62 cylinder for the G-62. There was a thread on testing this but it was a quite a while ago. I did contact the mfg. but I really did not get information that I was looking for.
Thats what I was talking about when I mentioned the higher compression cylinder. I'm going to do it someday. Just don't have the $$ right now. I've been laid off since October 12th and it ain't lookin' good. Been trying to get a job in my industry (HVAC), but things are pretty slow right now. Nobody is looking for a Project Manager, Estimator or Salesman right now. I did apply for a job working on UAVs. We'll see how it pans out. That would be SWEET!!!

I had a G62 on a tuned pipe a couple years ago, but never flew it. I couldn't figure out how to install it without hacking the snot out of my plane. At that time-- custom headers and curved pipes for the Zenoah was only a wet dream. All we had was the standard 90* bend. Now that we can get CF pipes and custom bent header pipes, I may try it again some day. I know that a pipe REALLY wakes these engines up. I'm not sure the crank, rod, bearings could take a high compression head and a pipe with 104 octane fuel. I'm positive it would reduce the lifespan of the engine quite a bit. But wouldn't it be fun?!? [X(]

Interesting factoids about the power of ethanol. I did richen my engine when it picked up RPMs. But I just thought it was because of the higher octane--more actual gas and less ethanol--or so I thought. Still not sure why it worked. I just know it did give me a few more RPM.