RCU Forums - View Single Post - Kit airplanes
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 09:42 PM
stirlo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kit airplanes

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your Feed back and all your assistance and support on these forums, its truly second to none.

I hate to drag this one back up which I am sure you are getting frustrated about, but here is another point of view from outside of the US.
The point already raised on thier being some builders still in the world is valid but I agree not enough to warrant changing your business model to include kitting products that already sell very well as ARF's.

My argument for Kitting your planes is about cost and shipping. Getting a H9 Ultimate shipped to Aust increases the cost of the kit astromomically and simply makes the price too much. If the Ultimate was kitted the size of the parcels/boxs would be drastically reduced and in turn increasing your Global Sales. I only really see benifit in Kitting the Large range of kits that you carry not all of them.

With the current level of accuracy through Technology going into kits these days I dont really see there being need for a really detailed construction Manual to support the kit, Take the Stevens Aero Kits for example, you really dont need a manual at all to put one together other than Parts labled and shown in location. The Documentation that already comes with the ARFs contains all the important info already e.g. thrust lines and incidence etc...

I think that Kitting your Larger range of kits (100cc and up) would deffinalty increase your Global Sales and help achieve what should be your goal of a H9 Airframe in every modelers Hanger world wide..

I currently own several Composite Arf and Xtreme Composite planes in the 100cc class and I dream of owning a H9 Ultimate with DA150 but at $3500 AUS + for the Kit only the DA150 is looking like a cheap accessory..

Don't get me wrong even @ that price I am still keen as but it has become a wish list item rather than a shopping list item.

Hanger 9 Ultimate 100cc - There is deffinatly a market for this kit and you will see all the aeroworks/World models owners selling to "UP GRADE" to a real show stopper Having owned one they are not in the same class of quality, performance, and the flying wires well enough said..

Also Mike your TOC Scheme is top notch and I'd like to see it on more of your Kits, perhaps on Special edition runs

Thanks for reading Mike and Keep up the highest Level of ARF Quality Kits available..

Regards,

Stirlo
Australia.