RCU Forums - View Single Post - WARNING: Banana Hobby
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 08:01 PM
aircraftking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WARNING: Banana Hobby

Ok, I have to take a moment to warn others about bananahobby.com. My family ordered me a plane for christmas. It was a 3CH Blue Bird electric plane, or so the description said. They put a request in the comment field saying it was a christmas present and send it out asap please and this was a week before christmas. A confirmation email was sent confirming the order. Well, after waiting over 3 weeks, here it was the 2nd week in january and I still did not get the plane. During the time the order was placed, I went to the site to check the plane out again. Then I could not find it anywhere! I only seen a 2CH blue bird and it was the same price. Then I wondered if they put the incorrect descripton. So checking the email, nothing was sent so I checked the status of the order from the one and only confirmation email I received from them, what do you know, status said... order cancelled. No reason, no nothing, just order cancelled and they never even was decent enough to call or write email or anything stating why it was cancelled. Then I gave them the benefit of the doubt, I placed a second order on the 2CH blue bird that was up there since there was no such thing as a 3CH in this plane. At this same time, my brother-in-law order a plane too. After about 10 days I finally got mine and my brother-in-law got his too. His was not the same plane that was described in the one he ordered. After calling and calling them over and over, he finally got through and they told him it was the incorrect description and gave him a $5.00 credit back. He was extremely unsatisfied to the point he won't ever order anything from them again. When I got my plane I though wow finally got my christmas present, here it was mid january so I would hope so. Put it all together, a week later charged up the battery and got ready to fly, what do you know... the plane you not turn on. Then the transmitter kept turning on and off by itself, then I smelt a burning smell for a couple of seconds coming from the transmitter so I turned it off. I read the manual over and over, tried everything and anything I could, the plane would not turn on at all. I wrote them an email yesterday regarding it, they did not respond. So I wrote them another one today after trying numerous times to call them and getting a busy signal everytime. So I tried calling them about 30 minutes ago and it did ring (WOW!) but this time a recording came on and said it was after hours they were open until 12pm- 6pm pacific time. The recording also said only leave a message if its any emergency or your order has not been received in a week. So here it is, 2 days gone by, not response from email or phone. I have ordered many things online from telescopes, to computer hardware, to cloths you name it, never have I experienced this kind of poor service ever. To think these people have my credit card number now scares me to death. They have until tomorrow to respond to me, send me an RMA or whatever they need to do or I will fill a complaint to the better business bureau. Do NOT, do NOT order from this site, tell everyone any of you know who are into R/C planes or whatever to NOT order from these people. This said, is there any site that someone here can recommend I do my ordering from for R/C planes (and helicopters)? Check the link out below, posted on this site and a person is complaining about them regarding many of the same issues I had. Watch out also for raidentech.com and nitroplanes.com. I think they are all owned by the same organization, although I had an ok experience with nitroplanes (but only ordered one plane) so I am not 100% sure about this but those 2 sites look very similar to bananahobby.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_55...tm.htm#5585381

I wrote this message yesterday but did not post it, wanted to give banana hobby a chance to see if they will respond to my emails. Also been trying all evening to get them on the phone, constantly busy signal. No email responses and cannot get anyone on the phone. As a result, I just finished filing a complaint with the better business bureau. If this don't work, my attorney is the next step. I figured to help others, I should post this now so no one else will go through the problems I had.