RCU Forums - View Single Post - Big Swamp Buggy ??'s
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 09:59 AM
mjderstine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Big Swamp Buggy ??'s

Hi guys,

this is a great forum for the BSB. I had one growing up that my father made for me and my brother. We used an O.S. .60 on it and pretty much ran it ragged. I wish i had a picture of the BSB to show you all.
We used it on snow and on water. Snow was the most fun and the fastest because of the reduced friction. We had to make the Aerial rudders twice the size because the turning radius on snow was over 100 feet. It just wouldnt turn well. It was similar on the water but a little better.
To fix the problem on water we mounted a small rudder extension that protruded into the water. It greatly increased slow speed maneuvering.

My latest news is that I got a brand new BSB for Christmas from my brother, and I will be making some major modifications. Attached is a small paint representation of what my plans are. Pardon the rough sketch please...
I plan to use elec motors in a pusher/puller configuration. I have to use elec because of noise constraints.
the next mod will be a transom, or small middle hull mounted on the rear with a water rudder assembly mounted through it. I am planning this modification to the kit because with a pusher puller setup the rear Aerial rudders will be close to impossible to install.

Comments and questions are welcome.
-Mike
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78693.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	859623