RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pfalz DIII resources -- Photos, Drawings, Plans, etc.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:11 PM
geezeraviation
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Pfalz DIII resources -- Photos, Drawings, Plans, etc.

Well things have been quiet here for nearly a month. Yesterday I FINALLY recieved the Alan Spievack plans I ordered from Carstens about a millenia ago. During the wait I've been to Kinkos and blown up the Wylam drawings that came a while back and also enlarged the drawings that Seth sent me. As I originally stated my intention was to build a 1/4 scale model with scale outlines a detailed cockpit and enough surface detail to suit me. After looking at all these drawings it seems that the Spievack drawings will be the basis for my DIII. The construction is fairly conventional and so far as I've checked the dimensions are good. I'll make whatever changes necessary to make the cockpit look as it should as far as longerons passing through the area. As per Tommyp I will use the scale airfoil (or something that looks about right) for the wings. The incidence figures on Alan's drawings make me wonder if his airplane climbed at higher power settings and I'll be trying to reach Seth to see how he set his up and how did it react to power changes. I will try to replicate the look Seth achieved with his strut and flying wire fixtures without some of the work (a lazy man is responsible for most of the labor saving devices we find today, that's me) he had to do to accomplish it. I have a 50cc engine in mind and will have it on hand before the first cut is made, rear carb, side exhaust. I'm so fortunate to have all the work that's been done on earlier models to build upon and to help guide me with my project. The list of contributors and references that I will include on my drawings is going to include a lot of familiar names. Thank you all, for all that's come before. Happy landinge, Doc