RCU Forums - View Single Post - ?? Why is O S putting big mufflers on their four strokes
Old 01-25-2008, 01:24 AM
whatwind
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ?? Why is O S putting big mufflers on their four strokes

I started this thread hoping someone could give me factory's answer. I was about to buy one of these engines to put in a plane but wanted an in cowl muffler. I got no answers to my emails so went with a big 2 stroke. When I build a plane I want it to look like a plane ane right now someone is reaching for the key board to say "than you need to go electric". I like four strokes. I DO NOT WANT ELECTRIC'! My money my choice. What I was wondering was did OS do this to improve over all preformace or to pacify sombody or some group who probly dosen't even buy their product. We live in a world where 5000,000 people are bent to the will of one"and their lawer". As far a preformace goes I can buy a 61 instead of a 45 lose a littel power with an in cowl muffler and fly fine. In my "OPINION" OS would sell a lot more fore strokes if they came ith in cowl mufflers. And also in my opinion you could build a quiet in cowl muffler. If you look at the other post people on RCU got the 40 and 60 ultra sport back on the market for a short time. So these forums do some good. And by the way ba ba you don't know me I don't know you. You called me a hillbilly I'm a cedar chopper!