RCU Forums - View Single Post - "OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/8th BUGGY thread (not truck thread)
Old 01-25-2008, 03:48 AM
mozzzy_2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/8th BUGGY thread (not truck thread)

Hey grizz yeah there's definately 2 schools of thought in regards to that run in method. I've tried it but always ran into problems when switching fuels. I've always been told to always stick with the same % fuel. Anyway I guess its a personal choice in the end.

Yeah my truggy is in need of some fine tuning at this stage. It definately comes set up stock for very bumpy tracks and as such on grass its not so good. Problem is most of my running is on grass so I really need to thoroughly go over it and fine tune it. Suspension really needs some tweaking as its pretty spongy at the moment. Maybe perhaps its just the fact that I am not accustomed to it as I am with the buggy but I still prefer a buggy at this stage. Thats not to say my truggy aint any good. Its just no where near tuned as my buggy is for grass. I imagine this XT8 is quite spectacular when properly set up. Will take some time though.

In regards to fuel %, there's nothing wrong with 11% oil content. Infact thats right about spot on in my opinion. As long as you run a touch rich when you run in it should be fine. I used to run fuel around 18% oil content and it was useless compared to the fuel I use now which runs an oil content of around 11-12%.