RCU Forums - View Single Post - just bought a used t-maxx .15, some help plz
Old 01-27-2008, 11:50 AM
Nighthawk z450

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: just bought a used t-maxx .15, some help plz

rpm doesnt make driveshafts,

alot of guys seem to like the traxxas steel driveshafts, i run steel ones similar to the mips, i beleave there rd logics, not sure, got em on ebay but they have held up great, and you'll probably wanna look into axles too (the ones going to the wheels)

there's seems to be alot of good parts for this, i run integy steel axles, dont listen to anyone telling you "all" of integys stuff is junk, these axles are stout!, i wouldnt personaly jump at to much of there aluminum stuff, but these things are beefy!.

and, if your going to buy all this stuff to up grade it i highly recomend getting the a arms, and axles for a 2.5 or 3.3, as the ones for the .15 are narrower, you gain alot of width doing this, and the truck wont roll as easy, and will handle better (i know from exsperience)
you will however need to also get tierods for the 2.5 or 3.3 also.
I run titanuim tierods and have yet to break one.

another thing to note that if you go with 3.3 stuff, the 3.3 axles and 3.3 axle carriers (part at the end of the a arms) is different between the 2.5 and the 3.3, the 3.3 uses a larger bearing on the inside of it, so the carriers and axles wont mix.

i run rpm carriers for the 2.5, they have a larger then stock bearing anyway, and have worked great.

hope this helps

Isaac