RCU Forums - View Single Post - CG Question 3D Hot Hots
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 07:26 PM
kbear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CG Question 3D Hot Hots

I posted this question on my build thread [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6707116/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm](3D Hot Hots Build)[/link] as well as in the 3D forum, but I think I will get a better response here, or at least I hope I will. The CG on the plans for this plane range from 21.5-23% MAC. I thought it was generally accepted that 25% was a good nose heavy starting point. Up until now, this has held true for me. If My CG is anywhere between 25 - 27% I usually give it a go, and almost always end up with the CG in the 27 - 30 % range depending on the type of plane. 21.5-23% just seems very nose heavy, to me, for a 3D plane even for a maiden flight. I am balanced at 26.5% right now and was thinking this was good for maiden. I just can't get past the CG on the plans. Can you guys suggest any reasons it would be so far forward. I have check the calculations graphically as well as using some of the online calculators and all come out the same. I would rather not add any more weight to the plane, but I will if you think it really needs to be in the 21.5 - 23% range. Normally I would accept the plans an go with it, but there have been a few discrepancies on the plans already. If you need other info, let me know I will be glad to measure what ever you need. Please help, even if you don't have experience with this model. The more theory, opinion, or experience the better. I know that is might sound like I'm asking you to tell me what I have is ok, but I'm not. I'm trying to understand if there is a good reason for the difference in the plans and my experience. I have been flying for more than 5 years now and have designed many planes (SPADs mostly).