RCU Forums - View Single Post - HOW TO BREAK YOUR HBK2, WITHOUT THE HASSLE OF FLYING.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:57 AM
raindelay_wa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My(hopefully, not to short) adventures with the Honeybee King 2

STEP 29: Now simply pull the tail boom out of the main body frame. (fig 1)

So, now the tail is disassembled, its time to get back to the main rotor shaft.

STEP 30: There are 4 screws, one on each corner of the battery basket, that attach it to the main body. Unscrew those.(fig 2) Since I have no plans what so ever, of removing my motor, servos, or ESC...etc., I merely pulled the battery holder off to the side to achieve more room to finish the main rotor shaft. To me, electricity is like magnets. Its all works by magic. Since it all worked before my teardown, and I know for a fact, that if I remove the motor,servos,etc, that I will completly screw everything up, I'm not touching them. Tease me if you want, but you gotta know your limits....lol

STEP 31: On the bottom corners of the battery basket, there is screws that need to be taken out to remove the landing braces and skids. There is a total of 4 of them. (fig 3)

STEP 32: Now, back to the main rotor shaft. There is a hex screw on the very bottom of the shaft called the One way auto driven shaft nut. There is a nut on the other side of the screw, so one more time, don't loose it. Then pull the nut and the main gear downward, and off the end of the main rotor shaft. (fig 4)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63158.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	863372   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs57077.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	863373   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl19475.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	96.8 KB