RCU Forums - View Single Post - When does a RC plane become a drone?
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 11:09 AM
victorzamora

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: When does a RC plane become a drone?

SeaFuries,

I think that your entire idea of what went on 9/11 is extremely skewed. Also, as a person of Palestinian decent, I do not believe that the belief and religion of the entire Middle East can be grouped together. Especially not as being psychotic. It's a small group of extremists that happen to be in control that do those memorable acts. I'll assume two things about you, sir. One is that you're a full-grown man mostly capable of coherent thought. The other assumption I'll make is that you're a Christian. I am a teenager fully capable of coherent thought, and I am also a man of Christian belief.

The way that the Muslim religion works is that they have different sects, just like every other religion. Christianity happens to have Catholics, Baptists, Mormons, Episcopalians, Jehovah’s Witnesses and many others. The Catholic religion has killed more people than any other single group in history. The Catholic Church, in five years, documented killing more people than Hitler and Stalin combined. Bloody Mary (aptly named for killing so many people) killed less people during her reign than the Catholic Church did in an average year in the 1400’s, 1500’s, 1600’s, 1700’s, or 1800’s. Those are just those that are documented. They have found tens of thousands of baby’s corpses slain by nuns buried beneath monasteries and convents, and they’ve only looked in a handful of them. Saying that you, as a Christian, are just like the men in charge of condemning millions of people to their death and that you are going to hell for it is like saying that all of those still in the Middle East have psychotic beliefs.
Maybe you’re not Catholic and you believe it doesn’t apply to you…fine. The Baptist religion wasn’t anything more than a way for Henry VIII to divorce a couple more wives without having to kill them. “Televangelists” make hundreds of thousands of dollars, and even millions of dollars, a year from skimming off of donations from followers. They claim that that money is going to go to a charitable cause, something much more charitable than buying them a third house or a fourth car. Most other sects are people deciding that they want to change religion because it doesn’t make sense to them, which isn’t the way religion ought to be. For those that don’t believe in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (my particular religion), it is very easy to doubt the validity of our claims to a true religion as well.

Are you not Christian? Maybe you are Jewish. It doesn’t take a lot to see that the Jewish people in Palestine (yes, Palestine…NOT Israel- If you think otherwise, brush up on your history) are claiming rights to land that is [i]their [/] land and theirs alone. The problem is that every major religious group besides Buddhism claims that area as their holy land. Also, they hadn’t lived their in large numbers since the 10th or 11th century (I think it was the Second Crusade, but I’m not sure). That means it had been nearly a thousand years since they had lived there that the United Nations started a long series of irrational decisions and placed them their, literally stealing the land and homes of Palestinians. My grandmother’s family lost ridiculous amounts of money in the “transaction,” money could be on its way to me right now. I mean they lost OODLES of dough. You’ve already attacked the Muslims, and the Buddhists really don’t do enough for me to worry myself with…so that will be the end of my rant.

My point isn’t to offend or attack any religions, I bring up these points in a completely unbiased manner (except for a little bit of bias in the last two sentences of the last part). I say this to allow me to decisively say that not all people can be clumped into a category with the extremists of their religion/culture/faith/etc. So please, put a little bit more thought and consideration into your response before you essentially blame the possibility of R/C flight being banned on terrorists from the Middle East. Not all terrorists are from the Middle East…anyone remember Theodore Kaczynski??