RCU Forums - View Single Post - thewingsmaker.com - midget mustang
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 02:08 PM
cutter-nj
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: thewingsmaker.com - midget mustang

Hi All
Just saw this web posting, found by my friend the director. I finished my last week and have flown it 3 times. I have a YS .91 mounted upside down, the fit is perfect, only had to cut out an opening for the head and small are for the muffler extesion. The finished product is the best I have ever build( doing this 3 years and built over 290 odels). I had to place the battery towards the tail section, did this by placing a door on the undersurface this way I was able to balance it on the rec CG. I instaslled standard servos for all except elevetor, I used high torgue here. As I said the planes finished perfectly looks great easy to build.
Flight: First flight just required minor trim, with the YS .91 it took off within 20 feet, normail flight at 1/2 power. Planes feel like it is on rails, performed well in all manuvers, vertical till it was too far for me to see. Landing the planes sets up well but it does not bleed off speed easly, I used 3/4 of the runway flying at about 5 feet off the deck. I am thinking of using flaporans in the future. My only dissapointment is that with my engine combination it is not as fast as I expected,. I know that with a two stroke engine this would be faster still I am a little dissapointed.
Over all I think this is a great ARF, well made using all included hardware, my only concern is the lading gears and well pants, they have lasted for the last 3 flights but I don't have hope of them lasting the season.
P.S. My last flight the runway was frozen and with this landing gear the plane bounced all over the place and hiopped into the air before it should havem, thank God the YS had the power to pull me up in the air before it stalled.
HAve fun