Thread: Arizona Models
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 10:11 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Arizona Models

ORIGINAL: spikkkkkk

I purchased a 1/12 scale neiuport 24/27 bis "Museum quality" . First of all i didn't get spoked wheels like the website said. Instead I got Willams Bros.

The balsa was a low grade and about half the sheet stock was missing. The stock they supplied for the wing spars was to small for the ply ribs. About 1/3 of all laser cut parts including bottom wing ribs were all burned through and useless. (couldn't save) .

The wing struts in the kit and a number of other parts were much to large, I figured about 1/8 scale. There was no hardware, (although) the site said there was complete hardware package. No turnbuckles, instead i recieved jewlery clasps that don´t tension or resemble turnbuckles.

More than 25 percent of the laser cut parts were missing for the rudder and elevator "part A " was cut but there was no "part B" on the ply sheet. There were no parts for the throttle quadrant and no parts for the working cable system, wire, pulleys etc.. There was no ply supplied for L.E.

The instructions were the worst ive seen in my life, and I´ve done many, many builds. The plans were off by a country mile.

Needless to say I contacted Jamie J. at Arizona Models and he and he said the 1/12 kits don't supply a lot of detail items and he would fix the rest of the problems.

If the 1/12 kit doesn't come with parts promised on website, hardware, spoke wheels, etc, there should be a disclaimer or something on his site to warn you. False advertising all the way.

After months of calling jamie and being promised this and that I got absolutley nothing fixed.

I'm battling cancer right now and all I wanted was a kit that would really wow me. After all it may be my last and I love this hobby very much. Jamie J. is a pathological liar, will say anything, and has not told me a single truth since I purchased the kit.

I finally realized I was duped and saved a few things that were salvagable, cowl, instrument kit, and guns, and threw the rest in the garbage. Thats all it was anyway. SO PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE! It will only prove to be a major disapointment.

P.S., that was my last 300.00 dollars I spent on total garbage but I hope to buy and fly a Proctor kit before the lights go out. I should have purchased from them in the first place. They have quality stuff and are stand up people not like JAMIE J. AT ARIZONA GARBAGE.
Wow. There's another one off my list. Hope you get your Proctor plane soon.
Best wishes,
Dave Olson