RCU Forums - View Single Post - MRC THUNDER KING picture/info gallery
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 06:36 PM
The Boss

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: MRC THUNDER KING picture gallery

LOL, I think the reason that you see some hobby stores or people/kids talk crap about any/all older kits/things is just a lack of knowledge about many things in life, I have had the same thing happen to me but the one thing that these retards don't think about before they open there yaps about saying it's old out of date junk because they don't make them anymore... is... then I guess so is every thing else like... 69-70 cameros, or hey they don't make the old classic mustangs anymore so they must be junk too lol, or a waist of time lol... oh and the Harley davidson engine is one of the best examples, old out of date design/junk old push rod engine or not, they are more popular than ever lol. Anyway, some people/kids just can't and won't get it ("can't see the forest because of all the trees") so there is not much we can do about it.

I am sure I got a good few parts (I still got lots of goodies) I can sell off sooner or later once I hopefully get back into the hobby, it's a great family hobby but being single again it just does not have the same appeal to me right now so I am going to rebuild some my fullsize "out off date" mustangs this summer lol... beside I can't pick up women or go on a date with my r/c trucks, not even with my new current up to date high tech t maxx lol.

Back on topic, one of the last things I was playing with these kits was casting my own parts like gears, a arms and such. The shop I contract for casts many differnt things/parts and even has a cnc router table to make lots of cool things. I will try to get in the mood to finaly try and cast up a few NTK gears to see how they turn out this summer. Here are some pics of other gears we have cast up recently using rubber and silicon molds. There are so many diffrent kinds of good cold molding plastics and urethanes out now I am sure there are some that are good for making gears now. The silicon molds are also good for hot casting of some metals and nylons too, we have machined out some molds out of aluminum too for high production parts also ... I think some of you will get a real kick out of some of these pics...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45139.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	868309   Click image for larger version

Name:	To45087.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	868310   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af90871.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	136.1 KB