RCU Forums - View Single Post - Comp-Arf Extra 260 2.6m Q's/Build
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 09:52 PM
Paul Cataldo
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Comp-Arf Extra 260 2.6m Q's/Build

Well guys,
I finally got my 2.6 Yellow Kiwi 260 today. FedEx tracking info had said it was to be delivered yesterday, on 2/1, but it did not show. I called FedEx Friday night (last night), and they told me it was to be delivered today, Saturday.
SO, this morning I was expecting a call saying that my plane was to be delivered sometime today. Instead however, I received a call from FedEx this morning about about 11am, only to have them tell me "all the drivers have gone home for the day". ***??
Anyhow, they said I could come pick up the pkg, and off I went. I suppose this was a good thing, as I later found out that I would have had to SIGN for the package if they had delivered to my house. That would NOT have worked, because I am a working man, just like the rest of the world, and there is just no way I would have been able to take off work just to sign for a model airplane. My company just wouldn't have seen this as a good excuse for taking a full day off work. (FedEx claims they cannot setup an exact timeframe to deliver, so you must be home all day, until pkg arrives). SO, the fact that I had to go get the pkg on Sat worked out well.
However, there were things that did not go so well.
I am not going to sit here and bash anyones product, so I will just say that I cannot accept this plane. There are cosmetic issues, and they are a little more serious than just the normal minor scratching and runs in the paint.
The GOOD news is that my rep Andy Kane fully understands, and he has told me that all I have to do is send the plane back, for my full refund.
I really was hoping my plane would be flawless, just like the very first Comp Arf plane I bought about 3-4 years ago (2.6m Yak). That Yak was flawless, and the paint was awesome, as well as the wings, stabs, etc.
I will say that thus far, I'm 110% completely satisfied with my Rep Andy Kane. He has been great on the phone with me today, and he laid out all my options, and said HE is going to make this RIGHT, whether it be full refund, exchange of parts, or exchange of plane.
I want to take a minute to THANK Andy for his help, and for his excellent customer service thus far. He has made sure that I am going to be taken care of, and that is all that matters here.
I can realize sometimes these things can happen in a manufacturing/production environment, and good cusomter service is what makes a company.
Thank you Andy Kane.

Finally, they called me this morning, only to let me know all the drivers had ALREADY gone home