RCU Forums - View Single Post - Stealth Sport flew!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2003, 02:13 PM
Tumbleweed-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stealth Sport flew!!!

The main question here is if you understand the basics of flight. Anyone can master R/C with a whole lot of money and the I can re-build it attitude. If you have a trainer jack on your radio have someone get it in the air and then take control of it. The hardest part of flying is the landing. Anyone can keep it in the air but landing a deadstick plane is the most difficult aspect. Some may disagree but look at it this way, there is no go around once the engine is gone. Keep at it, I taught myself and damn proud of it. granted you can look at my callsign and tell how long it took me. "Tumbleweed" it's not just a name it's a way to fly (or if you prefer the way the plane rolls across the ground in a parade of flying balsa. If you've got the money why not try a Duraplane trainer. The .20 otta do ya pretty good. www.Towerhobbies.com has a good combo. Though I'm sure you may be able to find a cheaper one. This path will help you with the basics but I believe flying 1/2A's takes a bit more reaction time.

Hope some of this helps. Goodluck. BTW I've only got one plane right now, I just can't stay away from the 2ft. above the ground inverted passes.