RCU Forums - View Single Post - How much wind have you flown in with super cub?
Old 02-05-2008, 04:07 PM
mad web tv scientist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How much wind have you flown in with super cub?

aircraftking, except maybe for those trees in the landing shot, it looks like you have a perfect site to enjoy your Cub. Had I not been chased off of an area that has a seldom used road that would have worked perfectly as a runway by a neighbor who was afraid his dogs might bite someone, I might have had my own Cub by now. But alas, fate stepped in and I am now a committed "no landing gear" flying performance PF freak, with just a little scale aesthetics thrown in to keep conversations going.

Couple of things I left out of my last post here - batteries do not perform as well in cold weather, and like my light, streamlined, low powered (for the amount of wing area I use) Control-Line aerobatic airplanes, rain on the plane in Maine as well as in Oregon, produces really significantly more drag than during pleasant dry days. The bottom line is that unless I just have to fly, the wind has got to be less than 15 mph for me to seriously contemplate flight in miserable, drizzly weather.

Your take off shot really grabbed me. No doubt about it, your experience will stimulate Cub sales!

madwebtvscientist [sm=lol.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif]

Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of an esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.