RCU Forums - View Single Post - MP Jet Classic 0.40 Diesel
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 04:42 PM
fiery
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MP Jet Classic 0.40 Diesel

I picked up a 7 x 5 MA GF 3 Series at the LHS yesterday.

At the bottom of my (ever growing) prop collection I know I have some old small yellow tornado's and blue kavan nylon props as well; dating back to my control line days in the early 70's, so I should have some options.

After paying (seriously) big $ for CF props for my petrol engines, paying less than $5.00 for the new prop was a delight!

I also found an ancient Taipan semi see-through deep cuff white nylon 8 x 6 nylon prop. The owner had discovered it when going through some old stock.

It is the most flexible prop I have ever come across ... almost floppy! I bought it too ... purely for nostalgia's sake; it's a bit too large for the MP Jet. I guess I'll need a slightly larger diesel for that one!

Some of the local Buggy racer boys and air aces were at the LHS when I stopped by. I had the MP Jet engine with me.

You should have seen the look on their faces when I took it out of the box ... most had never seen a diesel in the flesh before.

The "brushless revolution"? ... dull and expensive. Give me a little diesel with some soul any day.