RCU Forums - View Single Post - Engine running Backwards?
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 01:27 PM
capt17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine running Backwards?

Hello all, Well it's a nice day here in Indiana so I think I head to the AMA site today and fly. I usually use a starter to start my planes however the battery was down after the winter and it just wouldn't charge. I am waiting on my new battery from Tower. Anyways, I want to fly so I went out and tried to start my engine with the chicken stick. To my suprise she turned over on the second throw! I am flipping the prop the same way my spinner spins, to the left looking at the model. As I I tried to increase throttle she died but I noticed she started to roll backwards an inch or so as I increased. I did this again with the same result. Only for a few seconds. I then tried to flip the prop to the right and she turned over nicely but this time she was going forward. The prop is on right as I've flown this plane last year, Can my engine run backwards by flipping it to the left? Is flipping to the right ok if it gets the engine going to the left? Anyone else have this problem? Will it be like this after 200 flights on this model? Thanks for the help!