RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)
Old 02-11-2008, 01:09 PM
Heat1960

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)

Toreo. Congrats on being the first in Russia to acquire the TF B25. I as well have the OS FL70 engines. You can mount the engines at 4 7/8" from the firewall instead of the 5" it instructs in the manual. The 1/8" differance allows the FL 70's to fit on the supplied engine mounts from Top Flite without a problem. I have already mounted both my FL70's on the supplied mounts 1/8" back and they fit no problem. If you read back in this thread you will see it shouldn't be a problem to move the engine back a bit to make it fit on the mounts.

Also the crankshaft thread size for the OS FL70's is differant from the OS 70 Surpass II's and the supplied prop hubs will not fit the FL70's. The thread size for the FL70's is 1/4 x 28. You can order 2 Harry Higley Ninety hubs Part #NIGNIN014. These are the same outer dimensions as the ones that came with the plane but the thread size is smaller and will fit your engines. These hubs are aluminum and come that colour. Just sand them up a little and paint them the same yellow colour.