RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)
Old 02-11-2008, 07:46 PM
norm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)

Hello Mtaboram,

About the brakes, the wheels are Robart 10 spoke aluminium wheels and you order 2 of them, they cost 61.10 us$ each and the part # is 13840A2 x 2. The proportional air valve and disc brakes comes as a kit and the kit# is 140SET, and it retails for 244.35 us$. You should call Doug Scatterday at robart directly (630 ) 584 7616 as this is your best bet for specialized items such as this. He will take care of you.

For the noze wheel you will have to paint the hub of your 2.75 inch wheel silver to match the aluminium wheels. I put the brakes to test risking the 22 lbs B-25 on a do or die roll to the wall and it stopped well on time.

Guys please about the easy fueler from great plane, I have 27 of them installed on my planes for fueling all my engines and never experienced a failure. It is much easier to use to fuel your planes. Whoever use this item must be familiar with the system and learn it before using. It can fail if you do not visually inspect the nipple to retract out and test touch it by pressing on it with your fingers to make certain it operates properly. It will never fail in flight unless you performed a visual check after fueling and the nipple did not retract. In any case a malfunction of the fueler will cause a failure on the ground before take off or will not start. This type of failure in less likely to happen than you forgetting to fuel your plane. One should concentrate on proper functioning of control surface and fueling properly and enjoy flying your plane and minimize ground handling and not worry about this item.

In a way the KISS system is sometimes best but I remember when cars did not have electric windows, climate control air conditioning, ABS brakes, traction control on board tv, xm radio, gps...yeah a lot of gizmos but makes the ride so much more enjoyable.