RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)
Old 02-12-2008, 06:40 AM
norm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)

Morganew,

Never heard of a negative about those engines. They are pumpers and very well suited for the plane. They are also more powerful then the OS70 surpass, lighter and smaller. I beleive that it is misleading and misinformation when one say it is not good. before saying the OS70 ultimate is bad should support his saying by giving the supposed information . To my knowledge there is nothing but a good engine and supported by a reputable manufacturer.

the Os ultimate develops 1.2hp vs the surpass 1.1, so the Ultimate= more power.
The os 70 ultimate is smaller and lighter then the surpass = this is what you whant
Reputable Manufacturer= this is what you whant
The Os 70 Ultimate sounds better Straighit pipe then the others= this is what you whant

Answer = better choice

You have excellent engines and probably the best choice engine for this plane. I used Saito 82's and for the only reason they have more Power. the down side is no Pumps. Had I known about the Ultimate would fly this plane, I would have gone for them. You must run them without the mufflers and cut flush your exhaust pipe to the cowl with your Ultimate. You will have the best sound at the field.

Post pictures ans enjoy your engines or sell them to me!

Normand