RCU Forums - View Single Post - ParkZone Super Decathlon Review
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 07:32 PM
reaperofsoulz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ParkZone Super Decathlon Review

ORIGINAL: Sinai

Well, what do I do? The motor stopped working after I landed the SD. All other servos work, tried new battery, and zip. NOTHING. No response to any throttle input at all.
Is it the motor? What else could it be?
Grounded in
Sacramento
that quote is a year old this month and the same thing just happened to my SD just this weekend. Finally after all new reciever and radio plus a new servo and extended motor wires (i couldnt even reach them in the fuse) I got the SD out to the field. Has anyone tried running a lipo in these? are they supposed to, they have the jumper to pull for lipo on the reciever so i imagined so and put in my 11.1v 20C 1450mah. First off dont try and hand launch this plane, way to squirlly...a nice slow land takeoff was what this plane wanted. It took off within about 10 feet of me and climbed like a dream and looked great in the sky with the red and stripes. It was flying in circles on its own because the servo i changed wasnt adjusted correctly i guess, i switched to B mode for more control and it was working good. If your looking for fun flying this is the plane...well for about 10 minutes at least. I heard what sounded like the voltage cutoff so i killed the throttle and came in for a landing. Not paying attention during takeoff i had my battery box on the runway(dirt trail) so i had to go around my stuff and ended up landing perfectly sideway within 6 feet on the dirt trail. It was the first time i've done a land takeoff and landing, both went perfectly except now for whatever reason the motor is dead. I put a battery straight to the motor and nothing...its dead. What happened? overheating? too much lipo for the little 370? Im thinking now about an entire gearbox out of a spitfire for the SD.