RCU Forums - View Single Post - OFFICIAL RC18MT/B/T THREAD
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 02:42 PM
The Hedgehog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL RC18MT/B/T THREAD

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan

So I have been bored with the RC18B so I was thinking of going brushless and lipo on it. I already have about 8 1500 ma 3 cell batteries so I am thikning of going with the mamba 6800 because it is dirt cheap right now.

I will shim the diffs and go for the MIP superdiffs, I am assuming I will need 2 sets of these? http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXKBC2&P=ML

I hate the look of the RPM bumper and I am a very good driver so I won't be crashing into stuff (I run in a huge open area). I will get the RPM arms though because I like RPM quality components.

If I do put this on my 18B what gearing is a good starting point for 6800 and 3S lipo?

I may not put the system on the RC18B because I have a Thunder Tige rmini that has 10th scale diffs on it and will better handle brushless but it is 2WD so I am not sure [&:]

Thanks in advance.

*edit* oh and I have to get CVD's because I hate the dogbone clicking up front ugh might as well go with the thunder tiger.
Any thoughts? Is it the actual diff that goes out or is it the diff gears that generally need to be replaced under brushless power? Probably going to be racing the RC18B and will go brushless soon.