RCU Forums - View Single Post - OFFICIAL Discussion for the Pros and Cons of Clones in the Market
Old 02-13-2008, 04:27 PM
mbe301

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Discussion for the Pros and Cons of Clones in the Market

A couple of years ago I picked up a tamiya tlt-01 clone (baja king) off ebay. What a mistake that was, totally hooked now. Now I have 2 electrics, 3 nitros, and a 1/5 scale, all clones or knock-offs, with hundreds and hundreds spent on hop-ups and related gear from ebay and my LHS. In total a few thousand, with more to go. I wouldn't have gotten in the hobby without clones. Yes, a lot of the clones out there are low-end, low quality blah blah blah. The hobby can't be all high end, just like everything else can't be. If you want high quality, pay for it, if not, comprimise. If my next purchase is a 1/5 truck and I have a choice of MCD or a clone, I'd pick the clone. If my only choice was a MCD, I would go without (unless I had way more disposable income than I do) I can see how clones can ruin the hobby for some (poor quality, assembly, parts, etc), but I think the benefits for the industry and hobbiests out weigh the negative.