RCU Forums - View Single Post - Gary Allen 33% Bücker Jungmeister
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 04:47 PM
Big_Bird
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Gary Allen 33% Bücker Jungmeister

Roger, here is the best that I can remember. It's almost all balsa and has held up very well. The diameter of the main pipe is 1". The main part is made of three pieces, the exhaust bell, the main pipe, and the header. Big chunks were sawed out and sanded to shape. I then glued these together and shaped some more. I hollowed out the bell and painted it flat black. This all didn't take as long as you might think. The scoop was made from a soda can and small nails simulated the rivets. The heater pipe is also balsa. Down the center of the heater pipe is a piece of 1/8" steel rod to reinforce it. I glued a piece of 3/8" tubing in the fuselage where the heater pipe is inserted. When I put the cowl on I put a little Zap-a-dap-a-goo in the tube and insert the heater pipe. Of course, I have to re-glue it every time I take the cowl off and put it back on. Fortunately this doesn't happen very often. The header is screwed on to the cowl with 2 #10 sheet metal screws. A little glue was used there also.

In most of the photos of Jungmeisters the exhaust pipe is black. John had his fabricated from stainless steel so that it wouldn't rust out so quickly.

I made this photo a little while ago.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz79925.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	877825