RCU Forums - View Single Post - NP Ultimate Bipe/Cautionary advice
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 02:41 AM
deckert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NP Ultimate Bipe/Cautionary advice

1. John, from NP, responded very quickly with respect to problems I've had with this bird.
2. John also offered to refund my cost, upon a return, to which I politely declined. (ever hopeful to maiden this cutie)
3. NP support never responded but John did.

Irrespective of that, I offer the following cautionary advice "for this plane only" and nothing against NP. After the build, I was unable to set my CG per mfg. instructions. I searched all venues and solicited advice from several individuals on setup from different sites. I added 3 oz. of lead to the nose and was still to tail heavy to obtain CG. I 'suspect' I would have to add another 1.5~2.5 oz to get CG. The AUW after the build was 28.7oz. Unfortunately, the bird felt like a brick after adding the extra 3oz. I did 3 taxi runs to get a 'feel' but gave up any desire to go airborn as I had no desire to crash, and possibly ruin, any electronics. CG after the added 3oz came in @ 63mm, still 13mm behind mfg. of 50mm. Given the reviews and build advice I've seen posted, I 'suspect' there's a marble hidden under the covering of this bird. Just kidding John...

This post is not a slam against NP, but it is a caution on this bird. I would recommend a return if you experience the above problems. For whatever reasons, I must have got the dreaded Monday built build after a drunken weekend. I only wished now, (belatedly) I had accepted Johns offer for a refund.

Dan