RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)
Old 02-15-2008, 08:55 AM
krproton

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)

ORIGINAL: sevans16

krproton- how did the install go with the FS-81@? I got my second engine in hand and retracts should be in the mail(had them on backorder at LHS). Did you use the FS70 drill template? What exhaust header did you use for best fit? I hope to get started on this build soon.
Hi Sevans.

Sorry, I don't have any more info about mounting the FS-81 yet because I haven't gotten my new B-25 yet. As you know (and for the benefit of others reading this post), I already mounted my .81s to the included GP motor mounts, but I haven't mounted the mounts to the firewall yet. And I was thinking about using the header pipe that comes with the .70 Surpass because I think it tucks the muffler in even more (than the straight header that comes with the .81). Maybe what I'll do is "borrow" a leftover final sample B-25 I have here at my desk and just fit up the engine to the firewall and nacelle. Then, maybe I can show you how I would mount it and which header I will be using.

I don't know about the FS70 drill template you are speaking of. The way I do it is temporarily clamp the engine to the mounts, then use the Great Planes Dead-Center Engine Mount Hole Locator (GPMR8130)--sorry for an advertisement, but that's what I use to mark the engine mounting bolt holes on the mount.

I hope you weren't waiting for me to mount your engines.

Anyway, I'll see if I can fit the engine up and show you what I figure out.

Thanks.

Tim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88725.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	879123