RCU Forums - View Single Post - Glo-clips?
Thread: Glo-clips?
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2003, 01:50 AM
basmntdweller
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Glo-clips?

I went out to fly my Predator with my Jett 40 engine today. I was going to break it in at the field since the neighbors would not appreciate me doing the breakin at home. Anyway, I hadn't thought about a connector for the Nelson plug. What do most of you use? I saw the one Darrol sells which is very similar to the ones I used to use back in my CL combat days. Are there any similar available at the LHS? I know the one Darrol sells would be a heavy duty unit but $11 and then $7 shipping is a bit much for a glorified clothespin. Don't laugh, I knew a guy that used a spring clothespin with a couple pieces of brass for a connector. It always worked for him!
I'd have ordered the one from Darrol but I just can't see spending $7 for shipping for a glo-plug clip!
I did get it broke in by holding a standard clip on till it started but it's a PITA.
I was going to fly but it didn't want to transition from low throttle to high. It would die after I walked out to the runway and tried to bring the throttle back up to full. I still have it a touch rich and running a slightly smaller prop than what I expect to end up flying for real. It may clear up the transition when I get it fully leaned out. Maybe it was never meant to transition?
Thanks,,,basmntdweller