RCU Forums - View Single Post - Maj. Woody's Fei Bao L-39
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 09:15 PM
MaJ. Woody
My Feedback: (28)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Maj. Woody's Fei Bao L-39

Well My L-39 arrived today. All I can say is WOW. This kit is awesome. The box is huge and feels more like a crate. The attention to detail in packing is top notch. All parts are wrapped in light foam tissue then bubble wrap. Lots of dividers and foam in the box to keep everything well protected. No shipping damage at all. Pictures do not do the kit justice. Everything is loaded with surface detail. Panel lines, rivits raised hatches, gas caps scoops, lights and so on. All markings are painted on then clear coated. The finish is super glossy with only a couple of areas that the clear went on a bit dry. I should be able to buff that up to the amazing shine that 99.9% of the rest of the model has. The gear doors fit amazing. You almost can't see the joint they fit so good. All hinges and cylinders are in place as is the gear itself. The gear looks very robust and actuates perfectly. The ailerons and flaps are live hinged while the elevators and rudder are robart type hinges. The fuel tank is in place (I will take this apart and make sure I put it together with all the extras like barbs and safety wire). I could go on and on about this plane but here are some pictures. Wagner at RC Jet Models was a pleasure to deal with as usual.
Dom