RCU Forums - View Single Post - Brison 3.2 Carb Help!! (Where is Ralph when you need him!)
Old 02-16-2008, 08:30 PM
Kevin Greene
My Feedback: (85)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Brison 3.2 Carb Help!! (Where is Ralph when you need him!)

I'm posting this for a friend----We tried to get his Brison 3.2 going today but we ran into carb trouble....Fuel leaks from the venturi like a broken dam. I took the carb apart to inspect all of the needle passages...The needle and the carb passages were all clean as I could spray carb cleaner through them with ease....

What causes the fuel to drip from the venturi???---Also, I could only get the engine to run at WOT---Anything below half throttle the engine would die....All of the rubber internals looked fine---The only fault that I could find is some trash stopped by the internal carb filter screen....

Additionally---What is a good starting point for the high and low needle settings??? As he received the engine the needles seem to be out of whack as compared to other engines that I have owned...The high was only 3/4 of a turn out and the low was a whopping 3 1/4 turns out---Strange!!!....

My buddy purchased this engine used and it apparently has been sitting for quite a while...However, as previously stated, the inside of the carb was clean and not gummed up...Any help would be appreciated...It sure would be nice if Ralph would chime in!!![sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Kevin