RCU Forums - View Single Post - Best Upgrades for REVO 3.3
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 11:30 AM
Soothsayerman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best Upgrades for REVO 3.3

ORIGINAL: REVO 46

I've pull 3 shock ends off in the last 3 weeks and lost a retain too. I've been told it's because the shocks hit the chassis at full suspension compression but if you raise the rear shock mount 3mm it will stop this from happening. Here's a

linkhttp://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w202/mistercrash1964/Rear%20shock%20tower/?action=view¤t=shock_tower_spacer1.jpg

Mr.C has told me has not pulled one off since doing this mod and only had to change worn shock ends.
While your in Mr.C's photobucket page you should check out the rest of his mods a lot of good stuff there.

I haven't done this mod yet myself as it is still summer here in oz and I want to run every weekend, but I intend on doing a lot of upgrades this winter and will do it then.

Sorry HILL but I have to agree with Pat on this one, it's easier to change a shock end then shock shaft. Sorry man

That doesn't make sense to me and my shocks don't hit the chassis at full compression. I can't see the pic you posted though. Not saying it's wrong or anything. Just doesn't make sense to me.

If you take the chassis out of the scenario, then perhaps if the shock compresses so violently it pushes the rod end further down on the shock rod and strips the threads in it that would make sense.

If that was indeed what was happening, then that would mean the bump stops were inadequate to the job because that is exactly what they are there for, to prevent the shock being damaged from over compression.

So if I bend shock shafts after putting on aluminum rods ends that would prove the theory. It that case, I would need to change the either the shock fluid or the shock damper ring doo dads whatchamacallits to provide more damping.