RCU Forums - View Single Post - NP Ultimate Bipe/Cautionary advice
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 12:03 PM
opjose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NP Ultimate Bipe/Cautionary advice

ORIGINAL: deckert

opjose, and others, have been very useful with respect to advice/suggestions on this plane. In fairness to trying everything offered up to help, I tried the final thing I could think of to obtain CG. I offer this up as information only.

WOW!!!!!!

Amazing.

Great pics too.

I can easily see that I have my C.G. point further back than you do, but I do fly my plane w/o problems.

If you look on the pic where you have the plane on the balance, immediately to the rear of the wooden beam you are using is a curved cutout in the carbane.

If I place my finger on the top most point, or to put it another way, right in the curve itself, at the rear, that's where I have my C.G. with an 1800mAh pack in place.

I fly the plane this way.

It MAY be better with it a bit forward.

I can't say that the plane is either over responsive or tail heavy this way though.

I also have a tail gear installed instead of a skid. My cowl looks like it sits further forward, but that may be an illusion as it appears yours is not screwed down in the pic.

I originally modeled the plane in G3 to verify that it would fly where I had the C.G. ( see the G3/G4 swap pages for the downloadable variant and color scheme ).

I'd advise to put the motor as far forward as possible to anyone owning this plane.

Hey Nitro, if you want to send me his plane, I'll take it!