RCU Forums - View Single Post - IMAC "BOX" SIZE
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 03:38 PM
Mastertech
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: IMAC "BOX" SIZE

The traditional box isn't impossible to judge no more in Imac than pattern. Too far out is subjective to say the least. The box ends are very easy to judge. Having spent many hours/days in a judges chair at local contests as well as at national contests I can speak with at least some authority.

I only ask these questions because I fail to understand the problem along with the solution as presented now in Imac. I don't mean to start a pattern/Imac war but rather to have possibly a meaningful dialog on the things I see in these forums as "problems".

The answer I spoke of you wouldn't like is to bring back the box, prescribe centering as the center of the box and add a 200 meter flight path rule. This would likely make some 40% er's obsolete. Maybe not if the pilot can handle the airplane correctly. I submit you could fly the same size box as Pattern does right now. If you want to lower your "Foot print" these might be the changes that'll be required. I see Imac is going through the sound problem pattern fliers went through 20 years ago.

Is this subject worth debating in a meaningful way? I think so.