RCU Forums - View Single Post - sick of jetts
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 07:38 PM
I_Fly_Coolers
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: sick of jetts

ORIGINAL: HighPlains

10 minute flight times. 30 minutes recharge.

Overall, I get more flight time in a day at the field than any glow flier I have yet seen. Between the engine troubles, dead sticks and resulting damage, fuel pickup problems etc etc ....
I agree, that for the inept, electric power is the way. But instead of 10 minutes flying and 30 minutes charging, I can fly for 30 and refuel, pee, and get a drink in 10.

Sounds like you are too inept to do the math, or calculations, or research required to fly electric.

Just slap on the biggest slime pump you can fit and go full throttle [X(]

Glow engines are perfect for the inept who can't understand how electricity works. It's MAGIC [8D]

At least when I go to pee I only have to wash my hands AFTERWORDS That is unless I'm working the TX impound with your out of date 72 mhz gold label tower hobbies special in my hand

Be careful as I'm sure glow slime is not good for your weenie. It has been known in the state of California to cause shrinkage

Speaking of battery cost, how about the 30% Ultimate that dead sticked after a low pass at my field because of a bad fuel clunk. $150 later, it had new CF gear and CF prop. So don't forget to add that to your expense report.

I can fly continuously all day if I wanted, I usually bring 2 planes and one heli, charge one fly the other etc etc so flight time is really not the issue. However I usually can't as I have to constantly wait for the slimers to walk out to the runway and pick up their dead stick. Or worse, when their dead stick lands out 100 yards. Then I just unplug and wait. No need to keep running the throttle up and down fearing my slime pump may quit at any moment. Usually I feel bad for the slimers and let them take off first so their noise makers don;t quit while they are waiting in line. [:-]

Many inept glow fliers cannot make the switch to electric because it requires something called THROTTLE CONTROL. Unfortunately after years of dead sticks most glow fliers are afraid of anything other than full throttle and this makes the switch to electric flight near impossible.