RCU Forums - View Single Post - Build A Bullet Proof Stryker (Brushless Or Stock)
Old 02-20-2008, 08:36 PM
tam popo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Build A Bullet Proof Stryker (Brushless Or Stock)

Hiya guys - I'm back flying Stryker wings after all this time. Sonof Satan was fitted with a spare E-Max 2805 at the back and a 1700 3S anf boy did she go!!! I'd forgotten how much fun these things are. I found the problem with the handling of SoS, it was the CoG too far back. When uou chop off the nose cone and any surplus foam from a Stryker the CoG goes out the window. So at the site I taped 2 old AA batteries right at the front and hey presto, some of the best flights of any of my planes!!! It was flying 15-20ft. off the deck from left to right just in front of me and this passing dog walker and all we could say (together) was "Bloody hell, thats fasttttttt!!!!). The slightest touch of up elevator and it went vert without stopping. This thing is so light it doesn't need Mega's, 4/5/6S lipos and a site the size of Texas - I reckon this is what its about, cheap, fast, FUN!!!
So I started to build MotherofSatan from another old crashed shell. I'll have pics next week........and for those that have forgotten SonofSatan here he is.....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vh47125.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	884298   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec59168.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	884299