RCU Forums - View Single Post - WTH Is wrong with TOWER HOBBIES! *RANT*
Old 02-24-2008, 06:52 PM
mdh1979

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTH Is wrong with TOWER HOBBIES! *RANT*

I don't know what to think about TOWER HOBBIES anymore...

...So this morning i go to check out the SPEEDMART circular i got in the mail. I really don't care about what's in it i guess i just like to look and see what's new in the non-savage world. I flip to page four and at the bottom left hand corner is an ad for a Tamiya Nitrage, so i start reading and ...HUH?... it says it's powered by "a formidable 540 motor". Who writes this stuff? Do they think thier customers are idiots? I mean it's called a NITRage! It even says 5.2 on the side! ...A little while passes and i cool down. ...Turn to page 8 and at the bottom is an other ad for an Axial AX10 kit, and upon closer inspection IT'S A SAVAGE WITH AN AXIAL BODY AND 40 SERIES BEADLOCKS!

I know i may just be sensitive to this kind of stuff but if they screw up big TWO times in the first 8 pages then who knows what other BS they're printing. It ordinarily wouldn't bug me so much except that earlier today i was reading the best hobby shop thread and it got me thinking- i really should order from A MAIN. I wanted to get the Dual Disc Brake Conversion, 47T Steel Spur, and Vented Clutch Bell 17T. A Main didn't have the steel spur so i had to go TOWER.

I've spent nearly $1000 since july with TOWER and this really bothers me. I'm definetly looking somewhere else to get the TAMIYA DURGA i've decided on.

Does TOWER have a customer service email address? I couldnt find one on thier website.

anyone have anything to add to this or other comments/rants?

Matt