RCU Forums - View Single Post - Never buy a saturn ION
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 12:47 PM
HpiDrifter420

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Never buy a saturn ION

my wife bought a car in may of 06 and we've had nothing but problems with this vehicle. well last time we took it in for problems the service desk manager(NOT A TECH) took the car home for the night without our permission. he drove the car into a ditch and called and told me. so that night i went down to take pictures of the car covered in 2 feet of mud on the passenger side and water in my headlight. well the original reason we took the car in was b/c when its wet/icy out the car tires spin and the car loses power. so while the car was at the body shop for the repairs a service manager drove the car and experienced the issues we did and told us the car is not safe along with the general manager of the dealership(Chris Mancini). now they are telling us its a normal function of the car and they wont and haven't fixed anything except the damage from driving it in the ditch. they changed there story 3 times. first the car went in a ditch then it only went off the road and then when we told them the tow truck driver told us he pulled it out of a ditch and told us where it was they said ok it went in a ditch. me and my wife have a 23 month old so that we don't want to get injured because the car loses power. no one will help us on this and we have to pick up the car today from the dealership. WE ARE SCARED TO DRIVE THIS CAR IN WET OR SNOWY CONDITIONS. since buying the car it has had to have the engine wiring harness replace and the air conditioner fixed. every time we take it in they say theres nothing wrong with the car then we bring it back in for the same problem and then they notice it. this has been going on for 2 weeks now. all we wanted was a new car that would be safe and reliable for our son and we got the exact opposite. im afraid that when i pull out in the rain the car will lose power again and i will get hit with my son in the car. Saturn corp and Fred Beans could care less they sold us a defective unsafe car...all we want is our money back we dont have the money to get another car and why should we have to when the car is defective. this is me and my wifes only car so it gets a lot of use. we are struggling and this is not helping. we didn't want a problem car so we spent the extra money to get a new car so we wouldn't have problems. this car is a saturn ion 06 with 38,XXX miles on it. does that sound like i should be having all those problems?

just needed to vent