RCU Forums - View Single Post - Build A Bullet Proof Stryker (Brushless Or Stock)
Old 02-27-2008, 01:02 PM
critterhunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Build A Bullet Proof Stryker (Brushless Or Stock)

And I thought Tower Pro 30 amp ESCs for $14 were cheap (but good)! Looks like another price barrier has fallen. How about $9 30 amp ESCs, $10 40 amp ESCs, and $12 50 amp ones...

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...h=&idSupplier=

And, if you want the cheapest charger on the market but it still does everything you'll ever need for lipos (well, 99.9 percent of the things you'd want...wish it had a capacity display and finer charging amp rate control), check out this one for only $25. A friend uses it and I decided to buy one for a second charger to my Celectra after seeing how well it works. It even recovers packs that are too far out of balance for other chargers, even with a balancing function that isn't like the HXT's. For instance, I had one pack that was so far out of balance due to a weaker cell that my Blinky couldn't hold the other two cells low enough to allow the weak one to catch up. This is dangerous because now the total voltage is still lower than a charged pack while two cells are going higher in voltage than they should be allowed to be.

The HXT charger will charge each cell seperately (your balance plug on your battery plugs into it) and cut them off individualy as each reaches peak. No need for a balancer like the Blinky to use with it since it balances the cells via the individual cell charging process. I've also read that it tends to be faster than many other chargers since it uses this method. For example, using a serial charge on my Celectra (charged through the deans plug) I have Blinky plugged into the balancing plug (called a Molex) on the pack which keeps trying to draw the voltage down on two cells to keep it at the same level of charge as the lowest one. This can slow down the charging process.
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=2055