RCU Forums - View Single Post - I think i blew the motor
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 04:35 PM
1fastredsc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I think i blew the motor

Ok, i think i know what happened, but i took the motor apart anyway. Judging by the stripped section of the flywheel i think a rock got lodged between the frame at the flywheel and while i was trying to turn over the motor it was still jammed in there. Basically i took the motor out and the minute it came off the frame i was able to turn the flywheel by hand, but then i saw the stripped edge of the flywheel and a scratched section of that aluminum frame it sits on right where the flywheel normally is. But i figured it'd take it apart and have a look at the piston to inspect that pitting i saw through the glow plug hole. The head looks perfect but it does look like the piston was just slightly pitted, maybe that came from running it too lean the first time i tried tuning it. But the good news is that the sleeve's walls look excellent, you can see the cross hatching on the cylinder wall still so it's definitely in good shape. So i put it back together and took the opportunity to take my dog bones out, clean, and re grease them. I'll see if i can run the truck a little later on but for now it's all back together.