RCU Forums - View Single Post - R/C newbie looking for opinions-cheap radio!
Old 04-23-2003, 02:11 PM
Mac J

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R/C newbie looking for opinions-cheap radio!

Hey all, I've been skimming the forums lately and it looks like a good knowledgeable crew here... Maybe someone can help me out. For a school project I am to make a weed-eater engine powered R/C car using inexpensive, everyday use materials. Nothing fancy, just a simple go-stop-left-right 30 mile per hour toy. Looking in the aftermarket goodies that you guys are into, I couldn't find any cheap radio accesories, so it was off to radio shack. I am now looking at some cheap cars that I could pull the electronics out of for this project but a little input would help me out a lot. Here's where I am....

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...5Fid=60%2D4312

One s 27MHz and the other is 49, which will pick up the least interference from my 31cc ryobi engine and get better range? Or maybe the frequency has nothing to do with range... Like I aid I'm a newbie (for now). Also is there any way to make the engine stop or something when the car goes out of range? I know there's something like that on nitro airplanes so they don't go out of cotrol, might be useful to me if it's not expensive or extremely hard to set up. Thanks much for any ideas!!!
-Jason