RCU Forums - View Single Post - R/C newbie looking for opinions-cheap radio!
Old 04-24-2003, 02:01 PM
Mac J

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R/C newbie looking for opinions-cheap radio!

Just for the record, I am 19, not a toddler. I know it could be a dangerous project, especially in the hands of an amateur. I'm not testing it in the classroom or anywhere near innocent bystanders, but in a pit where it can't cause any harm if it crashes, explodes, loses control, turns into an ill-tempered blood-thirsty gremlin, etc.... I am building it at home, designing and planning it here at school on my own budget as an 'engineering' elective. Maybe I came on as an idiot when I mentioned radio shack equipment, if that is the case you should consider that I came here looking for a "go ahead" or "don't try it" from people who know more than me. IMHO, I would have really been stupid to pick up a ten-dollar toy and use the guts in my project without any research or asking around. I'm making every effort I know to make this work without sending anyone in for stitches, or worse. Can't I have a little credit for that???

OK enough with the ranting. I am interested in the controller and failsafe that Mike mentioned above.....

Since I have never bought aftermarket r/c equipment I have no idea what is included... I know I need the controller, the pickup device to control the car, and servo motors to attach to it to run the throttle and steering. The website is a little vague on what you get, and I don't even have the slightest clue where to buy such a thing (online) although I'll keep looking if no one has a suggestion. Thanks
-Jason