RCU Forums - View Single Post - Incredible how lucky I was!!
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2003, 04:52 PM
Flyby-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Incredible how lucky I was!!

Coming to the field yesterday I put my gear together, checking range and all the usual stuff and finally checking my voltspy. Everything is in the green so I go for it. Not as much as a puff of wind and a clear blue sky makes it a really nice fligt.

About ten minutes into the flight I`m going high and fast with the plane traveling towards me and as I throttle down nothing happens. Actually nothing happens at all and this nasty feeling of no control hits me like a ton of bricks. As the plane is directly above me the RPM slowly drops and the nose goes up a bit as if I have some control. A split second later I have no control and it settles into as a series of loops at 1/3 throttle coming lower after each loop. At the end of loop # four it hits the ground wings level at a slightly nose low attitude, the prop hits the grass and after about a 10 ft. rollout it noses over and settles upside down.

For a while I just stand there trying to figure out if this actually happened and a few of the other guys go like "jeeezzz, never saw anything like it before, what a stroke of luck"

Checking out the plane I find nothing bent or broken except for one propblade. Turned out the receiverbattery shorted for some reason, I really don`t know why. I guess it`s just one of those freaky things that happens. Anyway, a new prop and a new battery and it was up and flying again ten minutes later.

Flyby