RCU Forums - View Single Post - Yellow Aircraft F/A-18C Twin (Two Engines) KIT Full Build BUILDER'S Thread
Old 03-07-2008, 12:39 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts
Default RE: Yellow Aircraft F/A-18C Twin (Two Engines) KIT Full Build BUILDER'S Thread

ORIGINAL: YellowAircraft

Mr Jackson,

What engine did you have? Was it bypassed? Were there two of them? I'm very curious about the problem you reported.

Invert,

With stuff like the flap hinge issue, just take comfort in knowing that it's been working in plenty of these planes for a long time. If you did drill a hinge-sized hole in that spar, it wouldn't make a difference. If you can avoid it, that's just more peace-of-mind for you.

shaun,
yea i wasn't sure if people had been drilling through the spar or not. 2 or 3 3/16" holes i guess won't hurt anything, especially w/ all the carbon reinforcements on the new wings. And i'm not real fond of the "V" idea either, b/c that doesn't put alot of penetration into the wing (maybe 1/2") and i think this would act as more of a lever action pulling the hinges out of the wing, than if i just drilled thru the spar. Guess i'll just drill thru the spar