RCU Forums - View Single Post - tt-01 vs ta-05???
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 05:07 PM
magnat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: tt-01 vs ta-05???

When I was Stock Class Racing ( 27T Tagged) The Sprint 2 would hold its own against the TA-05 but not against the TA-05R or the TA-05MS.

The Main issue with the Sprint 2 is Gearing, You have some Flexibility but due to the position of the spur and your pinion your Gearing combinations were limited.
My Race Team all swapped the the Cyclone (Me being Financially Challenged went with the Cyclone S) The Gearing is more adjustable and if you pop a rear Belt its a Breeze to change. Only thing is Changing the Gearing was alot easier on the Sprint 2..

The Sprint 2 is a Club Racer.. meaning it allows you to get a taste of racing without breaking the Bank..
The Sprint 2 did OK in Stock Class but sucked at 540 (Silvercan) as you couldn't gear it properly and would be left out of torque out of corners when up against the TA-05..

Cyclone S can hold its own up against the Big guns like the TC3, TC4 and can throw down a pretty convincing challenge against the Robotronics Avid and even the Cyclone Andymoore's but it won't beat them...