RCU Forums - View Single Post - i wanna do this
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 08:10 PM
Louie2994
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: i wanna do this

ORIGINAL: Straick7

I've done stuff like that on a snowmobile before. Trust me, you don't want to do that on water any deeper than you can swim, just in case. As far as getting your Savage to do something like that, you will also want to invest in a decent airfilter as well. I run a 1/8 airfilter in my Revo, and it still will sometimes have problems with water splashing through the body onto it trying to choke out the engine. Also, make sure that the engine and tranny are in top shape before attempting this. When you do hit that water, you want as much power as you can get and you want it all to go to the wheels. Trust me, if one part is weak when you start, it will probably fail. As far as the tires go, make sure that they are securely glued to the rims, you don't want a tire to unglue in the middle of your water skimming. If one does, you car could very well end up under the water instead of on the far shore. Other than that, good luck. Be sure to post a video of the results on here when you get it done.

P.S. Be sure that someone there can swim down 34 feet in case the worst happens. Can never be too prepared.
thanx. i planned on starting in small puddles then moving my way up