RCU Forums - View Single Post - Help identifying old plastic pattern plane
Old 03-10-2008, 09:09 AM
Don Pruitt
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help identifying old plastic pattern plane

Ahhh the old Jester. I currently have one NIB. I had a nostalgia attack and couldn’t resist buying it after our club president won it in a raffle. The price on the box is marked as $173 but I am sure that this isn’t correct. As well as I remember about $70 was the right price.

I think ‘roncoleman’ had it right on the dates. I had my last one in ’76. It came to an early demise when I let it get too slow when turning final and I did the ole snap spin right off the end of the runway.

Lanier did have some innovative ideas back in the ‘70s. They figured out a way to make the whole fuselage a crumple zone, thereby preserving the integrity of the wing and tail section.

I worked on it for a couple of days trying to repair it but it was not to be. Years later I ran across one of the fellows that worked in the Lanier production area and he indicated that repairing the plastic parts was a snap. He started the explanation with “all you got to do is”, and I quickly stopped listening. He obviously had many more resources at the plant than I did in my meager shop.

Right now it is sitting on the shelf with about a dozen of its un-built friends, waiting for his turn in line. With the price that old classics are bringing on eBay, maybe I will list it and see if there are any other old modelers that remember the Jester.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45850.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	899800   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa87467.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	899801   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns44783.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	42.5 KB