RCU Forums - View Single Post - 4 Channel RTF Park Flyer to return to RC flight
Old 03-10-2008, 11:26 AM
Witterings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 4 Channel RTF Park Flyer to return to RC flight

In that case would look at the MiniMag or possibly the Gemini and set it on low rates depending how confident you are, the Gemini would give you more ability later on IF it's not too much for you at the moment and maybe get a cheap simulator.
The problem with it is generally I started with a budget 4 channel Hitec Lazer 4 TX and we're only talking about 1 yr ago and at the time was flying the MiniMag, it was great for that and my son now uses it but with another 3 more advanced planes quickly outgrew it. I then changed to a Multiplex Cockpit SX about 6 months ago which has loads of funtionality etc and for the cost is a good TX but now I'm really learning proper 3D I want different rates of Expo on low rates against high rates so am seriously thinking about changing it again to a Spektrum DX7 which I think would be all I'd ever need but possibly wish I'd gone straight there and cut out the Cockpit in the interim. that said it is the only limitation I can find with the Cockpit.
There are some good ones that don't cost an arm and a leg, the Spektrum DX6i might be worth a look at as it comes with a RX and as it's 2.4 if you're park flying it doesn't matter what channel you're on and shouldn't get interference.
If you don't go 2.4 Ghz it's worth spending a reasonable amout on the RX's as I had some real problems with glitching to start with and am sure it cost me one plane but having gone to dual conversion have now pretty much eliminated, haven't used one myself but one of the most cost effective dual conversion RX's is the Hitec Electron 6.
Personally unless my LHS had them in I'd google to find what I wanted and of I had any doubts who I was buying from put a query up on the forum to see who's had dealings with them and what their feedback is.
Hope some of that's usefull to you !!!!